We’d like you to be a part of our family
Want to work for the world’s leader in play design and equipment manufacturing?
When you join Playtime, you’ll be a part of an organization that believes in products that make people smile.
Be a part of our team and bring fun to the world!
Internal candidates will be given first consideration
PLAYTIME is the market leader in the play area industry. We market, design, manufacture and install custom play areas in many different market segments. With thousands of installations worldwide, our highly diversified customer base provides stability and the ability to maintain high output design and manufacturing operations.
It’s the PLAYTIME team that makes the company special. Not only have we been at this longer than anyone else in the sculpted foam playground business – our team consists of individuals who bring diverse backgrounds, creative skills, and excellent service to each project. Our mission is to have fun and grow while positively impacting kids, families, and businesses through the experience we create with our innovative play area products. We are always looking for people who want to have fun and make the world measurably better one play area at a time.
Our Current Openings
We believe that our success as a sales & business development organization for the Entertainment Solutions business unit is through connecting with our customers by acting as their outside consultant that provides thought leadership, understands their business needs, and then partners with them to develop unique solutions appropriate for their business/organization. It is this consultative approach that establishes long-lasting sustainable customer relationships.
This position manages sales and business development professionals thriving in a B2B marketplace where design and creativity are key to securing big ticket purchases. The Director of and Sales and Business Development is responsible for growth strategies to develop new market segments, secure new key accounts, expand geographic penetration, and maintains/grows established accounts.
- Drives growth of Sales and EBITDA to meet/exceed annual objectives; as well as, develop 3-5 year strategies to achieve the unit’s long-term growth objectives.
- Creates customer development plans and strategies that create different paths for different customer groups. For example, some are more strategic business development heavy, while others more transactional, requiring less deployment of a resource.
- Highly proactive in cultivating new business relationships for the Entertainment Solutions Group.
- Establish and maintain relationships either directly or through the team, relationships with key industry influencers, strategic partners and key accounts.
- Represent and evangelize the industry and company at conferences and other events to drive awareness and expand relationships.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly sales forecasting activities, sets performance goals and monitors performance.
- Assesses the market and competitive landscape and institutes changes to respond to relevant market and competitive situations.
- Selects, trains, develops new and existing team members.
- Develops, implements and manages sales tools, sales strategies, incentives and promotional programs.
- Motivates and energizes his/her team.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- 10 years of related B2B experience in similar roles with a track record of delivering superior results.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s Degree or MBA preferred) in business (sales/marketing concentration), architecture, or design.
- Experience in managing sales & business development teams consisting of both independent sales agents (+/- 25) and direct sales/BD associates (+/-15).
- Creates a customer centric culture built on collaboration, accountability, respect, and service.
- Preferred client interface experience with both creative functions within our customer’s organization as well as the C-Suite level.
- Strong leadership skills: ability to lead people and achieve results through others.
- Exceptional communication (oral, written, presentation) and interpersonal skills. Ability to interface effectively with all levels both internally and externally.
- Strong business acumen.
- Experience with consultative selling with environmental/experiential designs.
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving and negotiation with special emphasis on closing the sales.
- Overnight travel required up to 50%
No phone inquiries please.
- Competitive base salary;
- Medical, dental and vision insurance;
- Company paid life insurance, long term disability and short term disability;
- Paid vacation and holidays;
- 401(K) plan with company match; and
- Fun, results-oriented work environment.
Resumes will only be accepted through the deadline date. Although we appreciate all interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Additional company information is available at www.playtime.com. Reference checks and pre-employment drug testing will be conducted.
Playtime is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other trait protected by law.
Playtime is a division of PlayPower, Inc.